Compartmentalization

Episodes (98) bubbles (88) Trips (50) MunchMunch (43) EatThatFrog (34) WordsSpun (27) Lil'Tomes (19) MusicInMe (19)

Sunday, 5 June 2011

Rakott Krumpli (Layered potatoes)

Eat alongside the salsa

Baked Rakott Krumpli (I didn't fully covered the top)

The 2nd Rakott Krumpli (boiled eggs substituted with steamed eggplant layers & shitake sauce-courtesy of FJ)

Refreshing salsa (too much juice this one :p)

The layering process by Ms. FJ
Saw this Hungarian dish in Food Safari, i think... Except I decided to serve it with salsa, just so something 'green' is on the plate also ;p Well, my family could never have enough potatoes, hehe... Made this twice within 8 days recently. Simply fulfilling! I'm sure you can estimate the ingredients' measurement :)

  1. Sprinkle breadcrumbs (I use oats instead) & chilli powder as the base in a casserole 
  2. Layer the sliced steamed potatoes
  3. Layer the sliced boiled eggs/ steamed egg plants
  4. Layer the sliced sausage
  5. Mix fried onions with sour cream (I use whipping cream instead + milk + cheese+1 egg) & pour onto the layered ingredients
  6. Repeat the layers once more & Lastly sprinkle the breadcrumbs/oats & chilli powder again.
  7. Bake at 180c for 10-15 minutes.
  8. Serve with salsa
 Salsa
  • Cutely diced tomatoes & japanese cucumbers
  • Finely chopped spring onions & cilantro/ coriander leaves
  • Some sugar & salt
  • Some black pepper
  • Lemon/ calamansi juice
  • Olive oil
Mix all & serve.

4 comments:

FJ said...

toothsome! can we have summore please?? :D

aNNdiNN said...

Get me some cream, sausages etc.!
Oh anyway, I'm sure ure capable too by now :P

FJ said...

I think this one is wayyyyyyy SEDAPer than chicken souffle. buat lagi pls!

aNNdiNN said...

My reply would be same as previous :P