If not for the invitation from K-rin & her two friends, I wouldn't have dreamed of going to Singapore. My family went last year without me to visit a relative. I was working at the time & couldn't find a time off.
K-rin booked the Universal Studios Singapore online tickets & Ateh booked the bus tickets to Singapore from Melaka Sentral and the reservation for a night's stay at The Hive Backpackers' Hostel. The plan was to meet Ateh 1st & spend the night before the journey at her place in Tengkera.
In retrospect, there were moments when we might have cancelled the plan as some of us were facing certain troubles & difficulties. We also had to change plans at the last minutes i.e. I had to pick K-rin from her sister's place in Cheras, which I've no idea where. Luckily I could rely on the GPS function on my phone albeit it's a mini one & not as practical/ accessible as the stand-alone one or by those using more advanced smartphones...
You know how the elders use to say; when there are so many bad lucks/ misfortunes occur during your journey, it is better for you to cancel it.
Well, on the way to Melaka, Syah (the other friend) who was with me in my car, acknowledged the same thing. I mean, K-rin has a lil' prob to settle with a family member, Syah's car got accidentally wrecked by a friend & I had knocked another car while reversing at the toll booth (we were quite annoyed that the booth light turned red when we had arrived into the lane & suddenly had to change lane. 3 cars had to move out including mine, which was in the middle). Not to mention that we almost had a brush with a sleepy truck driver along the hi-way to Seremban; 3 vehicles actually drove within 2 lanes?! Luckily I was driving the mini Kelisa...
But we both agreed that life must be looked upon as an adventure. I remember reading a hadis on it in a newspaper somewhere prior to the weekend. There must be Allah's blessings to the difficulties that we were having at the time in making this weekend plan a success.
How true this was and truly bruly too I learned later that life indeed comes in a pair, not only of a man and a woman, but also of the good and the bad. We must willingly accept 'the package' that comes in/with life. After the exhilarating weekend in Singapore, K-rin fell terribly ill & we spent half a day at Hospital Melaka. Ateh & her mom were besides us all the way. Alhamdulillah now she has recovered & we each has fond memories there in Singapore & hope to pick up where we left off later. There are still so many places to go there! ;)
Thanks very much to K-rin, Syah, Ateh & her mom for realising the plan :)
----------------
Now playing: Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Thru This(Acoustic version)
via FoxyTunes
4 comments:
"life indeed comes in a pair, not only of a man and a woman,..."
interesting lah - the first time i ever heard of anything like it haha
Adnin... terima kasih banyak2, minta maaf banyak2...
kenangan manis sy bersama awak, pada tahun ini...
:)
FJ, I was inspired by an article written by Dr. Azhar Hj. Sarip (if i'm not mistaken) in Mingguan Wanita that I read while waiting for K-rin at the hospital.
Tazkirah yg sgt berguna pd saat2 sebegitu...
Kay, terima kasih juga :)& tak perlu minta maaf, kite kan kawan lame :)
Kalo tak sebab ke'excited'an awak nak pergi ke tempat2 tu, tak merasalah saya utk mencuba, hehe
Syukran ya sodiqati
Post a Comment