"Coffee gives me a pain, which is not without desire feeling. “
-Napoleon Bonaparte
When I was ten, I remember looking forward to smelling my teacher every morning at school, haha... Imagine that?! She literally smells of coffee every single time being near her. The smell evoked warmth & pleasantness of being with her.It made me wonder really, to have the smell works as 'perfume' on you, does she like, have her home fills with wafting steam of coffee brewing in the kitchen every morning before going to work? And of course, she would always have a mug of hot coffee in her hand every time she arrives to class ^_^ I miss you Mrs. Bernstein...
I still admire & wonder abt. it now as whenever I smell coffee, be it at home/ the previous office, it never gives the same effect as I used to have 20 years ago...The smell never lasts long enough.
But at least it still triggers the pleasant memories...of her & now of my office buddies in KayeMeM ;)
I find that I drink coffee more often now... not like 3 or 4 times a day but just, daily in the morning :)
Too much of everything is definitely not good, eh? hehe... I read that caffeine is a diuretic drug. So u need to replenish your body with more water when you take coffee. Caffeine also hinders calcium absorption thus it is advisable to drink it with milk. But I know my buddies would say "Black is better!" I couldn't agree more of course ;p
| Gasp...! Coffee at home is abt. to finish!? |
| Parents' friend got this for us when they went to Vienna |
| Can you smell it? |
| Hmmmm...smell it?? |
| S M E L L that |
5 comments:
Dah lama planned to blog about songs that trigger memories tapi tak terbuat-buat lagi. rasanya I don't have many recollection triggered by smells. tapi.. ada gak bau yg reminds me of England. or maybe it was just the cool, breezy air?
No, the most distinctive is the smell of the kitchen. Very rare to encounter it here tho'...but ade gak a couple of times.
Last 2 yrs kat office, my cubicle mate buat slow cook meat balls (with coca cola). The process emanated the familiar smell that i instantly said "Eh, mcm bau kitchen kt UK?!"
& She responded that she also rasa the smell familiar; the warm, cosy smell of her family's kitchen when she was in US, hehe
& u do remember how often mak cook mase tu don't u? ;p
Oh, I remember some jingles & advert taglines also;
"And on...and on..and on and Ariston"- electrical appliances,
"If anyone can, Cannon can"-printer, "Quickety quick, Microchips!"-microwave potato chips,
"I like Ski man, oh I like Ski, I like the Ski man.."-yogurt,
"Warburtons, where are you Warburtons?"-bread.
semua tu iklan kat England. How about Malaysian ones?
of courz la talk abt iklan from there...memories yg mengusik jiwa...
Malaysian ones ade la gak but can't think of any at the mo' except iklan butter marigold kot :D & sun flower & minyak mazola. Dunno why iklan produk minyak lak yg terlintas saat nih...i think im craving something fried now :p
Post a Comment