Compartmentalization

Episodes (98) bubbles (88) Trips (50) MunchMunch (43) EatThatFrog (34) WordsSpun (27) Lil'Tomes (19) MusicInMe (19)

Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Am I bold?

Gastronomically, perhaps...

Abah was justifying why he prefers Vanilla-flavoured ice cream compared to Chocolate (what his children favour most). He insists vanilla is more versatile & easier to match with anything especially since he wanted to pair it with his favourite fermented tapioca(tapai ubi) [although, rather, the ice cream is commonly paired with fermented glutinous-rice (tapai pulut) at some tapai stalls].
And of course we are all familiar with 'floats'; fizzy drinks with floating scoop of ice cream on top (definitely vanilla-flavoured).

I just smiled listening to him since I have no qualms abt anything quirky or fusion in terms of food & I'm not really picky abt them flavours anyway. I'd just buy/eat according to preference but make do with what is present. So i did ate the tapai with vanilla ice cream as he persuaded me to (just because I haven't try it so before). Nothing to be acquired abt it really, just a nice, sweet, cool fermentish dessert ;p

The next day, after dinner, while watching Nigella the kitchen goddess, i was reminded by her previous episode (can't remember from which series), which gives me another try out idea with the vanilla ice cream. She was adoring the Asian sweet chilli sauce readily made in a bottle. Looking at the sweet chilli sauce bottle on the table, a smirk fleets on me face ;p The sauce was there for the dip for our steam boat dinner.

The exact sauce

Nigella, you got me! And .... voila!

Looks like raspberry sauce doesn't it? :p


Verdict: I would say the same thing as Nigella did; "You should try it".


p/s: Cream crackers with sambal belacan & curry puff dipped in sambal tumis are fun & scrumptious! ;)

----------------
Now playing: OneRepublic - Stop And Stare
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

FJ said...

i enjoy sambal belacan sandwiches with a dash of kicap. and crackers with tempoyak filling. but i have yet to try aiskrim and sos WOAH??!:0