Compartmentalization

Episodes (98) bubbles (88) Trips (50) MunchMunch (43) EatThatFrog (34) WordsSpun (27) Lil'Tomes (19) MusicInMe (19)

Monday, 28 February 2011

Being Dedicated To

Where for art thou?
Now, why would I want to talk about Daniel Bedingfield's Gotta Get Thru This? Something came up. It was barely 2 weeks ago since I 'pulled out' this cassette from my car along with Dido's Life For Rent and Hoobastank's Every Man For Himself. I left Amr Diab's Tamally Ma'ak in my car still, to be accompanied with 2 other cassettes that I put in to replace. Yes, my car still uses cassette player okayy

I bought the cassette in Jusco Ayer Keroh, 2006. There was a sale, hence the price. Of course, the album was out years before. It has such a sentimental value that I jumped at the sight of it. I still remember when my room mates back in uia copied the video clip in glee. Two of my friends also dedicated one song to their boyfriends back then; "If You're Not The One". Now they are happily married. No, not because of the song, hehe :p But the episode created such a sweet memory on them. Indeed the song is very poignant. I remember we helped them adapted some lyrics so that it became a female version.

So I got this cassette to listen to at times at the place I rented. Whenever I'm stressed with work or dying to finish some chores, "Gotta Get Thru This" helps! When I'm bummed up about a mistake I did, "Blown It Again" punches it down... When having problems on people's attitude, "I Can't Read You" makes life funner :p I later kept the cassette in my car for several years and enjoyed listening to "Friday" on my journey back and forth MT <---> SK.

There's this one song that reminds me of a Korean/Japanese movie theme song, the one that has that train-in-theme park scene...or is it the one that has this girl becoming a soldier in the end...?? Ntahlah, can't really remember, such a long time ago. Anyway, the song is "He Don't Love You Like I love You". Somehow the rhythm seems similar.When I feel melancholic abt. the world, the universe etc., "Honest Questions" soothes. My point is, it's a good album for yours truly to satiate whatever pang there is in her sometimes-pathetic-world.

I've replaced those cassettes with Raihan's Demi Masa and Ust. B. Amin's Munajat.
I'd like to bring back DB's Gotta Get Thru This inside, can ah? :p


----------------
Now playing: daniel bedingfield - if you're not the one (acoustic)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: