Compartmentalization

Episodes (98) bubbles (88) Trips (50) MunchMunch (43) EatThatFrog (34) WordsSpun (27) Lil'Tomes (19) MusicInMe (19)

Thursday, 6 May 2010

Cubicle-mates turn Bakers for the day






Who would have thought that I would actually register for a baking class, cupcakes to be exact?! I never imagine this as I’ve always think baking & cooking are something you can easily learn on your own, as I have always done so myself. But then I realized you can never know for sure on the skill of designing the cupcakes’ topping & the tools required. Furthermore, it’s an interesting and fun activity to have with cubicle-mates.


I was a bit apprehensive in the beginning thinking about my back pain & whether I could ‘survive’ throughout the activity. But I figured it would be good for my emotional being. I do need some dose of ‘happiness’ to minimize the muscle tense. After all, we all would start back working the next day (the thought of it already stressed me up!)


Anyway, bravo to Lat for being the ‘project manager’; arranging the appointment, payment, providing the car, map etc. Thanks a lot also to Kak Yan for driving us back & forth to our venue plus sponsoring us on the toll. & Thank you, Ash, for being the final participant that made this cubicle-activity possible as initially it was someone else who would join us, to which it would not be our cubicle-activity then ;) Ash went there on her own as it took about half an hour from her home. Finally, our gratitude & appreciation to Kak Edi for the guidance, tips & notes shared, oh, & also lunch! ;)


I think our excitement was very much visible judging from the whimsical designs that we made on our cupcakes, the many ‘oohs’, ‘aahs’ & ‘how cute’ exclamations we made on seeing each other’s design/decoration & that we took photos of our cupcakes in the end but forgot to take a photo with the key person, Kak Edi, haha… we felt so silly for that. So sorry kak Edi. We were so happy to be able to bring back home our set of 16 self-decorated cupcakes! I also noticed that none of us wear an apron during the session. I was supposed to borrow one of Lat’s :P


We arrived back in Londang at about 3.30pm. Sleep is inevitable for me by then, as always since this back pain. No matter how much I avoid sleeping during the day, I now realize that suppressing the pain takes a lot of energy and that actually drain a person out by the end of the day. I can’t imagine how it would be during work days.


However, after the activity today, I imagine I fell asleep, smiling... :)



I heard Kak Yan said there’s another cubicle-activity in the planning. Oooh…*gleefully*



----------------
Now playing: Piper - 乯琠瑯漠污瑥
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

Kay said...

nnt kang ada blog nih jual cupcakes plak... ekekeek...

sy nak satu yek! :)

Anonymous said...

teacher, send to me a bit lar...

aNNdiNN said...

-Kay,sy mungkin akan jual cupcakes blondies tu nnt ;P hehe...Awak, sy dah jumpe 2 org kwn yg kat blog awak..Ntah bile nak jumpe awak plak ek? ;)

-Amar, meh la ke Londang ;P Ble jumpe ur juniors

starsyeea said...

wow...looks yummyyyy...:)nak sket! hikhik...

my sis, she's fine now. found her way back home after 10 days of disappearing...ntah mane2 die pegi. ade la kut masalahnya tu. yg penting dia balik...and thanx for asking :)