We departed from the college at abt. 8.45 am, later than planned as there were those who canceled last minute & being replaced by others. Anyway, I looked forward to this trip as if not for it, i wouldnt be able to go. Last year it was during our semester break & I managed to go with my dad & sisters.
I already got a list of books to buy for my aunt & my sis. Mine is a list of books to 'collect' (the online contest that I won) only. Wasn't really sure if i would buy anything for myself since I still havent finished reading those of last year's :P
When we arrived, buses were lining up behind each other outside the building. People were also lining up at the ATM machine, which annoyed Iza, hehe.. We then proceeded to find certain identified booths; NB Kara, DBP & Jemari Seni plus a booth where Natrah was on sale (couldnt remember) where Iza was supposed to buy for Wana.
| Got these as my aunt requested |
| My 3 books ;) |
| Very interesting 3D postcards from Czech |
| Mr.Xarine is holding his 1st novel |
The only book that i bought...was the dictionary! :P haha~ cost only RM19.50. I almost did not buy it, kept contemplating til later took a long U-turn with Iza to get it. Thanks to Iza for keeping the dictionary in her bag since mine was already full with my aunt's, my book-gifts & the 3D postcards. The one ordered by my sis wasnt available at the booth since it was published before 2005, so the attendant explained. Thanks to Iza also for accompanying me to meet the writer, who also willingly left his office during noon & went to the booth on the day he wasnt scheduled to be in charge, just so he could sign my novel-gift. Very responsible & dedicated of him :)
| Had to accept these...such a waste of papers |
| Water Lily Gold |
For me, the difference with the book fair ambiance this year, was something that most of my trip-buddies found unpleasant, 'pests'(ouch!) giving out leaflets/pamphlets or the unnecessary 'persuaders' of soft wares etc. I was annoyed with 1 guy who kept pestering people; to 'sign the guest book' in the middle of the walkway. Why dont they arrange a desk on the side & put up a notice regarding it?? So those who are interested would directly go & participate, right? & people will go to you if they are interested, right? Provided you have a large notice on it put up. The book fair was more like a 'pasar' (market) to me this time. The attendants/ volunteers were good & helpful :) I didnt encounter any of them last year. Guess because this year was a larger event.
I laughed when I overheard a friend lying about her status when being approached by a salesman on children's book. She has a child but she was desperate to make him go away, hehe...
I met 1 brother; x-UIAn, at the postcard booth. Said he's working with TV3 now. I dont know his name, he's a familiar face in most UIA student functions. Of course he doesnt know me also.
Oh, the water lily gold (i think it's supposed to be Gold Water Lily?), was bought at Seremban R&R on our way back. I've never heard such name for mangoes. There's also Water Lily Black to which i replied to the seller "Apsal tak Water Lily Green?" (Why they arent called Water Lily Green?) since the skin is green?? hehe... Bengang pokcik tuh...! :P
Overall, I totally enjoyed this trip, which i managed to make it plasticbag-free & hope it's going to be an annual event!
I laughed when I overheard a friend lying about her status when being approached by a salesman on children's book. She has a child but she was desperate to make him go away, hehe...
I met 1 brother; x-UIAn, at the postcard booth. Said he's working with TV3 now. I dont know his name, he's a familiar face in most UIA student functions. Of course he doesnt know me also.
Oh, the water lily gold (i think it's supposed to be Gold Water Lily?), was bought at Seremban R&R on our way back. I've never heard such name for mangoes. There's also Water Lily Black to which i replied to the seller "Apsal tak Water Lily Green?" (Why they arent called Water Lily Green?) since the skin is green?? hehe... Bengang pokcik tuh...! :P
Overall, I totally enjoyed this trip, which i managed to make it plasticbag-free & hope it's going to be an annual event!
p/s: arranging ideas for Yuda di Padang Maya review in my mind, but worry if it's gonna be 'harsh'...hmm
----------------
Now playing: Kelly Clarkson - Already Gone
via FoxyTunes
4 comments:
hensem gak encik Xarine tu eh! :D
FYI, my chinese colleagues said the same, haha... i x sangke depa pk gtu. As for me, i alredy seen him thru his blog long b4 meeting.
I hope ur comment x make Mrs.Xarine worry much :P
Teringat there ws a girl asking him "Mane Xarine?". Ade pulak he replied "Xarine xde kt cni... Xarine kt umah" Terpinga2 girl tu. "Yg ade cni suami die"...
I was standing nearby & alredy laughin inside :D
acik ingat xarine tu pompuan!!..btw..bila la nak jumpa along amik novel2 tu...(mcm le ada masa nak baca!!! hehehehe)..thank you very much blikan utk acik..mmuahhhhh!
Tu la Acik...aritu dgr p jumpa Atil mase kursus in sh. Alam. kalo dpt tau awal ble pesan kat Atil bwk mase jumpe Acik :p
Takpela...maybe bile Oteh/kami balik kg bolela bwkkan :) InsyaAllah
Post a Comment