Compartmentalization

Episodes (98) bubbles (88) Trips (50) MunchMunch (43) EatThatFrog (34) WordsSpun (27) Lil'Tomes (19) MusicInMe (19)

Thursday, 8 April 2010

My 1st Online Contest & Won!

I didn’t share this earlier. The contest (hosted by Mr.Xarine) ended 28 February 2010. It was the due date that had enticed me into joining ;)
A weird endeavour it was too by yours truly as some people had reacted so when they learned that the contest promised Malay Novels to the winners.

Another reason was because it’s about creating/ completing a slogan, to which I felt I could dabble a little bit of literary stuff even though it’s in Malay.

Next reason was because my Malay, well, some of its usage la, has been a mockery for my sisters. It occurred many times, (an opportune LOL session for them) involving some basic elementary words & later made me think; I gotta get back in touch!? Gotta read Malay novels! (I last read one during in UIA, abt. 8 or 9 yrs ago??)
Hence, what better way than to join a contest & hope of winning….?! ;)

5 second prize winners get to win one of the novels of their choice (excluding the new one by Xarine) under Jemari Seni Publishing while
the 5 first prize winners get to win the newly launched Yuda di Padang Maya novel plus another one of their choice under the Jemari Seni Publishing.

Xarine announced first the 5 second prize winners. Seeing my name wasn’t there, I felt a tad disappointed… but I still remember this jittery feeling with the swishing- tinking- tink sound in the background… the familiar foreshadowing to a happy ending ;P haha~~

So when I saw my name in the next announcement, I was elated! Alhamdulillah…a birthday gift to myself ;)

What’s more interesting was that we get to collect our prize at their booth during the KL International Book Fair 2010 & Xarine would personally sign his new novel for us. Otherwise it will be posted to us, which I thought would be the option for me…if not for the Trip initiated by our college librarians on 26.3.2010. I thot it was a terrific timing! I’l share it here later ;)


----------------
Now playing: Alanis Morrisette - That I Would Be Good
via FoxyTunes

6 comments:

starsyeea said...

salam...

here's the link dear...

tak reti sgt buat review ni...more like merapuing aroud i guess...hehe. btw, yuda's awesome...cudnt say more...enjoy reading :)

starsyeea said...

http://thechapterbegin.blogspot.com/2010/03/ini-entri-panjang-dan-seriussila.html

Anonymous said...

hahhaa congratulation...
teacher!!!

aNNdiNN said...

hehe...thanks Amar :)
p/s: ur blog profile picture is funny ;D

Anonymous said...

hhahahah thank you teacher.
its seem like you have such a very happy enjoyable day!!!

oh i see, you already read my blog, tq
erm teacher, how im gonna to sign up with nufftang???

hows about the payment that i need to pay them???

aNNdiNN said...

u dont haf2 pay anything as far as i know. u get paid la. but u haf2 register with em & let em screen ur blog 1st.they wil check the viability of ur blog, its content etc