Compartmentalization

Episodes (98) bubbles (88) Trips (50) MunchMunch (43) EatThatFrog (34) WordsSpun (27) Lil'Tomes (19) MusicInMe (19)

Saturday, 3 October 2009

Culinary escapade 2

I’ve been reading on recipes using cauliflower. There’s a simple cauliflower soup of which you blend the steamed cauliflower, pour into a bowl, sprinkle spoonful of olive oil & spring onion for garnish & voila!

I remember my ex-housemate, an Indian girl, taught me one of her family’s fav teatime snack made by her mom; Fried cauliflower. So simple yet surprisingly so delicious! you just need to;

  • · Cut the cauliflower into small florets
  • · Make the batter: a cup of flour, ½ teaspoon of chilli powder, ½ teaspoon of curry powder, 1 egg, some salt & mix them up with water accordingly. I added some chopped garlic.
  • · Mix in the chopped cauliflower & deep fry them.


This made me think of Indian tempura, hehe…I really like the soft texture of fried cauliflower.

Thanks also to my colleague, AMZ for mentioning to me about the scramble egg with cauliflower puree on toast (I think that was how it was put?? I might have mistaken among the many recipes mentioned?!), which led me to this hearty meal of open sandwich;

Egg & cauliflower sandwich topper
  • · 1 egg
  • · Chopped carrots
  • · Chopped cauliflower (/into small florets)
  • · 2 slices of bread
  • · Some chopped cilantro
  • · 2 cheese slice
  • · Salt & pepper

1. Steam some chopped carrots & cauliflower (plus the egg if you have a 2 or 3-tier electric steamer) for about 10 minutes

2. Once cooled, peel the egg shell & then slice the egg horizontally (can make 5-6 slices each)

3. Arrange the egg slices on the bread, sprinkle over the carrot & cauliflower, some salt & pepper, some chopped cilantro.

4. Finally cover them with the cheese slice, which fits nicely on the square open sandwich.

5. Bake in the oven for abt 3-5 minutes, just to melt the cheese & give a little crunch to the bottom of the sandwich.

*you can mash the boiled egg with butter/margerine if you want for extra texture

Simple, quick & yummy! & healthy too!
----------------
Now playing: Not_Doubt_-_Dont_Speak
via FoxyTunes

No comments: