Compartmentalization

Episodes (98) bubbles (88) Trips (50) MunchMunch (43) EatThatFrog (34) WordsSpun (27) Lil'Tomes (19) MusicInMe (19)

Saturday, 6 December 2008

Seminar P&P BMKPM 2008 - Selesa Beach Resort, PD

2-5 December 2008


I got d same feeling taunting me as when I attended d BPHPP 2008 in Ayer Keroh. Some ppl who didn’t attend dat Bengkel (workshop) asked me d same question dat was asked by some during d Bengkel. Well, d same answer was heard of course.


One of d judges seem 2 recognize me during d seminar. There’s no wonder there, he’s d 1 who evaluated my presentation during d Bengkel in Kuantan last yr. But I kudnt bring myself 2 talk/greet him whatsoever. I kud only smile at him. I mean, …who am I? I only participated for d 1st time last yr & in d seminar dis yr, I was only d ‘exhibition person’!? Yep, I learned later during d closing ceremony dat d xhibition was truly done for cutting the cost compared 2 d previous yrs.


There were some behind-the-scene tales regarding our preparation/tasks. But all there is to it is dat, it’s now in d past, so juz leave it be. Wat’s d point of talking abt things dat we have no power in changing… ? But those who were involved; d perps, u guys really shocked & let me down. U let a lotta ppl down actly…

Another unfortunate news is dat, KMM didn’t win anything dis yr. From wat I heard, every yr KMM wud at least get d consolation prize. But not dis yr unluckily…


Something during the Prize-giving ceremony reminded me of d poem The Race (sorry, cant remember the writer's name). B4 dat, during the Pleno session, amidst d discussion, 1 participant cum presenter stood up 2 inform dat he noticed his research ppr was not in the list. I remember him. His presentation during d workshop in Ayer Keroh was impressive. He’s d only male Sc. Lectrr who I noticed presented in English. Not juz dat, his content was quite clearly understood by most of us even tho’ he presented on a Sc. Subject.


Well, back 2 d Pleno, he stood up d 2nd time later asking for explanation/reason as 2 why it happened becoz d chairperson didn’t provide explanation d 1st time. It was admitted as a weakness on the committee’s part due to latenite work. My fren & I noticed dat dat’s not d only ppr dat wasn’t mentioned in the Pleno. Some ppl mite think how kiasu dis guy is…but I tink he has strong belief in his research dat made him persistent abt it.


Thus, during d prize-giving ceremony, as successful papers & the presenters were announced & invited to take their prizes, to our surprise, the 2nd prize belonged to that persistent Sc. Lecturer fr KMNS…?! U shud hear the applause then. It’s as loud as that of a 1st prize winner being applauded if not louder :D That was a nice moment. Especially for the winner of course :)

Oh well, farewell Seminar P&P 2008. Wat’s in it for me in 2009? I cant even begin to wonder…?! Brrr


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.