I finally finished reading this novel! Twas a medical thriller very much intricated with malpractice law. It wouldn’t be a book that I’d pick 1st from any shelf…a 2nd or a 3rd, yes, most probably. 1 of my mentees lent it me last semester (abt. 2 ½ months ago) coz he was hoping that I’d be able to explain the ending to him, wic seemed to be bothering him at the time.
Told him I cant juz explain the ending by reading the final page & if he really wants to know he has 2 let me read thru the whole novel. & to have me read thru the whole novel wud require me months amidst the report writings dat I had 2 mark during dat month. He agreed & told me it actually belongs 2 his fren. Now dat worries me, coz I don’t like holding onto other’s property. He said he wouldn’t mind how long twud take 4 me to finish the novel.
Well, coming thru the final page of the story, I understand why the ending was difficult to fathom. I believe the writer wants the ending to be open to readers’ interpretation. & Yes, it still is vital to read the whole book thru. For dat is how u get necessary contextual clues. Anyhow, if ure curious abt ‘concierge medicine’, read the novel. The writer’s extensive professional-personal (uhuh…) opinion is included at the end.
Now, I juz hope he’l accept my interpretation of the ending. Simply, accept it. *sigh*
2 comments:
what a task! dah habis baca ke belum? me n atil checked out "our neighbor's" singing on you-tube and saw him in POTC (cek my latest entry :p) hahahaha! funny how we both thot that one-eyed dude betul2 reminded us of him!
of course la dah abih.. wic neighbour? who sing in u-tube? d neighbour/ d 1 in POTC?? haiyaa...
Post a Comment