Compartmentalization

Episodes (98) bubbles (88) Trips (50) MunchMunch (43) EatThatFrog (34) WordsSpun (27) Lil'Tomes (19) MusicInMe (19)

Wednesday, 26 November 2008

Life is a stage?

I stumbled upon this when I was rummaging thru old newspaper articles that I had collected from 2006;

I kudnt get access to a scanner, wats written on the program pamphlet was this;

12 Dayung Petani,
Dats wat we’l watch in a mo’
Gemalai musik irama Melayu
I haven’t listen to such things for a long time.
Puas ku mengingat, ku fikir-fikir
Wat kind of memory wud revive such feelings?
Akhirnya ku sedar, ku akui
I have long gone miss dis!

U know they always play related background music to entertain us while waiting… Dat sorta trigger sumthin most of the time…


Well, I don’t go to watch theater that much.

I think during IIUM I went to 3 shows by The Shakespearean Theater Club (I tink dats wat they call themselves), a Mona Fandey mock trial (if im not mistaken I went 2 watch it twice!), a poignant dialogues by my coursemates right before the National Laureate, A. Samad Said made appearance (kud it b during 1 of IIUM Open Day/Night events?) & an Islamic musical theater abt death by outside performers (the main singer was Sheqal). These were the ones opened to the public as well as IIUans.

Other mini performances/ plays were of course by my coursemates albeit for lesson’s purpose. Nonetheless, they were quite entertaining.


That 12 Dayung Petani was a bangsawan theater, the works of & directed by Morad B. Ibrahim, performed on 29 January 2005 in Tmn Budaya Neg. Kedah. I went there wit a grp of KPLI stdnts.

Our Kelab Budaya lecturer (who’s also our class drama lecturer) thought dat we need some exposure to bangsawan theater as we need to perform one for our year-end assessment. We did Puteri Gunung Ledang (duh..). The training sessions; gosh, twas sumthing dat I wudnt want 2 relive. I kudnt count how many trainings we had & I remember once I didn’t have a single drop of water down my throat from early morn til 5 pm..!? I almost kudnt walk. Wat am I trying 2 say here? …


Well, anyway, of course something good came out of it. The scriptwriting, editing, characterization, props, crazy hour of trainings, money, conflicts, etc. argh… the experience was worth it & i really appreciate the support & cooperation given. THANK YOU my KPLI 2005 BI Buddies! THANK YOU Ms. Haiyon! :)


In 2006; watched Teater Randai in Tmn Budaya Neg. Sembilan as among chaperons of Kelab Budaya KMM (if i rajin i'l post d video here later :p).

In 2007; watched Teater Anak Bulan di Kampung Wak Hassan in Melaka (I kudnt remember d exact place. Definitely not in M. Tnh. It was on a sepak takraw court amidst kampong houses). Written by Alfian Sa’at, performed by Gene Sha Rudyn. Went wit my colleagues, juz for phun & giving supports of course.

In 2008; most likely…, living it! :p

I tink I juz watched Traditional dance sequence in Taman Mini Malaysia, Melaka wit my frens, wic was quite a long time ago.


p/s: coincidentally Ms. AMZ told me juz now dat there’l b Tarian Mak Yong in Tmn Budaya Melaka (i dont even know where dat is) soon.


----------------
Now playing: The Fray - All At Once
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

FJ said...

I remember watching Kabuki in CAC, IIUM. That was cool! I'd encourage you to go to that Mak Yong event too. Everything that has got to do with Mak Yong is ecstatic! Love it!

Lady Gee said...

i do. be my date... twillight movie, tonite?

aNNdiNN said...

oh yea, i learned abt kabuki in matric. but nvr got d chance 2 watch it live. u shudda ask me 2join u la dat time...!

FJ said...

hg mana ada dah time tu. tulaa awat hg p grad awai? hahahaha...budak2 BEN jgk yg anjurkan asia pacific cultural week tu. awesome!!

aNNdiNN said...

ArrrGgh!